Raymond Historical Society

Sherwood Glen Condominium Association Minutes

January

February

March  

April

 

May

 

June

Raymond Historical Society  Meeting
June 7, 2018, 6 PM at Raymond Depot


Minutes:  Two corrections to the 2018 Annual meeting minutes were noted: first the name of the painter is Panageas, not Pangeas, second Wolinsky ends with a “y”, not an “i”.  Sally moved, seconded by Art to approve the minutes of the May 15, 2018 annual meeting.  The motion passed by unanimous consent.

Present: David and Kathy Hoelzel, Will Fregosi, Marge Desjardins, Art Wolinsky, Luke and Diana Debrukyere, Sally Paradis, Joyce Wood, Kathleen McDonald.

David reported that he and Marge met with the bank regarding new requirements applying to non-profit organizations.  The budget and required proclamation are in the Society’s files.  Diana D. and Kathy H. filed the form 1099N form necessary to maintain the Society’s non-profit status.

By laws:  Diana D. suggested that the bylaws be written in a manner that allows the budget committee to perform the annual audit of the Society’s finances,  provide an option to use an outside auditor if needed; David will draft language for the bylaws to this effect, for review and approval of the board at its next meeting.

TREASURER’S report:  Marge reported that the balance of the Gile school savings account is $4,959.32; the checking account is $17,996.58; the brick/train accounts has $3,733.13, which includes $3,000 transferred from the checking account as approved at the annual meeting;  $1,971.92 was transferred from the Gile School account to the Society’s checking account to cover the Gile School portion of expenses.  Marge reported that at this rate the Gile School account will be depleted in two years because it has not done any fundraising in recent years.  Betty G. decided to allow it to deplete.  Art moved, seconded by Will to accept the treasurer’s report.  The motion passed by unanimous consent.

Town Fair and Abigail’s Attic Sale:  Kathy M. and Diana D.  will organize the Attic sale.  This will be the last year the Society will hold this sale.  The sale will not be held on Thursday; since the proceeds have not been worth the effort of being open for the extra day.  Kathy M. noted that there will be a five family Estate Sale on June 30 at Bradford copy Center.  Marge will offer food for sale during the Attic Sale., including a Se Sa Ma Ca Sundae.  There was a discussion about the appropriate price for a two hot dog, soda and bag of chips lunch, whether $4 is the right price.  The general consensus was that this price was reasonable, but the ultimate pricing is left for Marge to decide.  A greater effort will be made this year to advertise the food sale.  Art will work up an ad for the food sale.

Caboose restoration:  David reported that two different contractors have come out to measure the windows on the caboose.  The windows will be done before any painting or other work on the caboose.  Art, roger, Sally and David will be soliciting bids for the refurbishment work on the caboose.  It was noted that the roof of the caboose needs to be patched.

Joyce moved, seconded by Will to adjourn.  The meeting adjourned at approximately 7:07 PM.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joyce Wood, Secretary

 

July

 

August

 

Sepember

Annua1

October

Raymond Historical Society meeting
October 4, 2018
President Hoelzel opened the meeting at approximately 6:34 PM with the Pledge of Allegiance.

Present:  Brigette Prince (great- granddaughter of Bill and Leater Prince), Kathy McDonald, Sally Paradis, Joyce Wood, Art Wolinsky, Sean  Forestall (eagle scout candidate and his dad), Janet  Bouchard, Kathy and David Hoelzel

Minutes of Meeting- June 6, 2018 – Action at next meeting

Minutes of meeting September 6, 2018- The minutes were moved for approval and seconded and approved by unanimous consent.

Eagle Scout presentation- School House Painting : Sean Forestall, troop 101, Eagle Scout candidate, proposes to scrape and repaint the Gile School;  the project includes some repair of wood and work will start in the Spring; he may tap Sherwin Williams for a donation of paint.

Treasurer’s report-   Chili cook off and bake sale – this even raised more than $300; Marge reported that the American Legion provided free advertising for the cook-off.

Caboose update- Art, Sally , David.:  Sally reported that Scott Knightly of Envirovantage  will oversee the project and coordinate the work using vendors with whom he does business to donate the materials and labor;  there is a connection between him and the the Willis  Goddard family. Willis was one of the early  members of the Society. Art Wolinsky will contact Mr. Knightly for an update.

 Keys, Alarm, Telephone, Insurance: David reported that all of the keys to the depot have been accounted for; also he confirmed that both the police and fire department have keys.

Bylaws- change voted last meeting update the only change was made to page 4. Art will make the change on the Society’s web page.

Archives; The archives committee consists of Diane White, Aimee Hayes, Linda Hoelzel, with help from Janet Bouchard.  This committee has ot yet organized. Dana Zulager will be asked to join that committee.  Anyone else who would like to join that group should call Art or David at 609-618-4433.
subcommittee to address building and maintenance issues:  Kathy McDonald and Marge will report at the next meeting of the Society.

Other Business:

Upcoming Events

Raymond High School Alumni 100th anniversary–October 6th  Historical Society open House 9:00 AM -11:00 APM-  Sally Paradis, has been gathering display materials; Kathy and Bob McDonald and, Briget will help Sally staff the depot for the October 6 open house’ David wil open the shades so that the light comes in and will close them after the open house.

Harvest Dinner- October 20th:  Event will be a pot luck dinner, Joyce Wood will bring the turkey and will invite the Pastor of the Congregational Church of Raymond to and his wife  join us for the Historical Society’s Harvest Supper .

Raymond’s Christmas tree lighting on the Common is Dec. 9th,2018.  Following the tree lighting, at the depot, and Gile School, The Historical Society will host Christmas carols piano sing along, hot chocolate and cookies:, sale of Christmas items that didn’t sell in July.

Adjournment: At approximately 7:32,a motion was made to adjourn.  All in favor of the motion left the meeting.

Respectfully submitted,
Joyce Wood, Secretary


 

November

 

Dececember