Raymond Historical Society

Sherwood Glen Condominium Association Minutes




March  16, 2016

Raymond Historical Society Board Meeting Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Raymond Depot
Present: Steve and Betty Goldthwaite, Diana Debruykere, Joyce Wood, Art Wolenski, Will Fregosi, Marge Desjardins, and Kathy Mc Donald.

Depot Cleanup Date: The depot clean up date is moved from the originally scheduled April 16 date to April 15 at 9 AM.

Rugosa Roses: The severely overgrown rugosa Rose bushes will be aggressively trimmed back on the cleanup date.

Walmart flea Market pick up: Volunteers are needed to help load items donated to the Society for Abigail’s Attic sale. Greg Bemis has generously offered to loan his trailer for temporary storage of attic sale items.

Future Board and member meetings. Future Board meetings will be scheduled for Thursday afternoons. Regular member meetings will be held on the first Thursday each month at 6:30 PM. instead of Sunday evenings.

Open Houses: The first of two open houses will be May 7 from noon to 3 PM. On the same date, the Society will run a fairy (troll) house tour along the rail trail. Details, such as entry fees need to be worked out. We may ask Betty Wynn to read fairy stories to the participating children. We may also raffle off any fairy houses that entrants are willing to donate to the Society. The board proposes to have the second open house on the same date as the bicycle tune up event for the September triathlon. The tune up was assumed to be in September, however, the tune up is scheduled for August 20, which is also the date of the pancake breakfast. The board will need to discuss the advisability of trying to hold three events at the depot on the same date and possible alternative dates.

Security: We have an estimate for a system with multiple cameras, inside and outside the depot The estimated cost is more than $3,000. The system does not require an internet connection, but it would operate more efficiently if connected to the internet. Other alternatives discussed included using game cameras The drawbacks to this approach are quality of images and the ability to install them so that they are not visible and consequently stolen.


April 7, 2016

Raymond Historical Society
April 7, 2016
Draft Meeting Minutes
Meeting was called to order at 6:35 pm

Present: Diana Debruykere, Diane White, Art Wolenski, Will Fregosi, Marge Desjardins and Mark Debruykere. The Pledge of Allegiance opened the meeting.
Minutes sent electronically to members were reviewed and questions allowed.

Treasurers Report was given by M. Desjardins. A complete accounting of all balances was provided by account name as well as identification of claims and donation monies received. (Savings and checking, Gile School, Brick, ‘break in’ recoup).

Granite Post: Discussion concerning repairs. Diane D. will contact Labrie Landscaping for repair or replacement suggestions.
Nominating Committee members needed. Interested individuals may contact Diane D.

Walmart Indoor Auction collection: Volunteers will be meeting in the parking lot at 11:30 am on Sunday, April 10th to assist in the collection of donations from the auction. Greg Bemis will be parking his “usual truck” close to the entrance to help with storage. Please bring dolly’s if you have them.

Cleaning Day: Cleaning the Society buildings and trains will be done on Friday, April 15th. Volunteers are welcome and cleaning supplies will be available. The outside bushes will be trimmed at this time as well.

Open House Events: First open house is scheduled for May 7th, 2016 from noon to 3 pm.

Fairy Houses will be on display in the front of the depot. Raffle tickets will be sold for the houses as well as a 50/50 raffle. 10 to 12 volunteers will be needed for this event as the buildings and grounds will be open at this time. If you have already volunteered to monitor an area, please confirm with Diane D.

Water: needs to be turned on after the winter shut-off. Marge D. will speak to someone at the town office about turning the water back on and also question the $75.00 water bill.

Open discussion from the members:
Art updated the group on the pending video involving Steve Goldthwaite. This project is on hold for the time being.
A presentation from two gentlemen involving the Paranormal activity at the Depot is still in the works. Diane will provide possible dates for up to four presentations, two provided only to members of the Historical Society and two open to the public.



Jun 2015 -


Jul 2015 -


Aug. 2015


Sep 2015


Annual Mtg -

Oct 2015 -


Nov 2015 -


Dec 2015