Raymond Historical Society - About Us

The Raymond Historical Society is located on

1 Depot road(off of Main St. Raymond, NH
Mailing address is

P.O.Box 94
Raymond, NH 03077     

Depot Phone Number  603-895-2866

Raymond Historical Society was formed in 1969. Raymond Historical Society purchased and  restored the Raymond Depot building. The Raymond Depot  was built in 1893. We house 4  rolling stock, a Whitcomb Engine 1932, Caboose 1932, Refrigerator Box Car 1953 and a Push Car 1944.  On this same site we have a B&M track side Building , Observation Building  , tools museum and a one room school house. We are a private non-profit organization.

The Historical Society  continues to work  preserving Raymond’s history and buildings.  We offer programs through the community and local school districts that engages the public  in learning the history of New Hampshire and their hometown. 

PREAMBLE
As an Historical Society we affirm our support of and beliefs in the objectives of The Association of Historical Societies of New Hampshire, Inc.  We believe that the key to Raymond’s present and future lies in a respect for the traditions of the past, a knowledge of Raymond’s history and an understanding of how past actions affect and influence our town in the present and future.  We believe that this knowledge should be made available to the members, to the schools, and to the general public.

ARTICLE I:    NAME

The name of the organization shall be THE RAYMOND HISTORICAL SOCIETY, INC.

ARTICLE II:   MISSION STATEMENT

The mission of this society shall be to cultivate and encourage an interest in historical and antiquarian research of Raymond and vicinity, to collect and catalogue significant historical matter and antiquarian relics, to fund and maintain a museum where such collections shall be preserved and exhibited and to fund projects that meet two of the following criteria as may be voted by the membership:

For historical purposes

For educational purposes

To promote the interest of the Raymond Historical Society

We will maintain all presently owned property and any properties that may be acquired in the future in a manner that is creditable to the town, serving as a resource to the town government whenever necessary and cooperating with the schools, library and other local organizations in developing educational programs involving Raymond’s history.